- Simple, informal method of purchasing items of a lower threshold of up to $10,000 per purchase.
- Purchases can be made without soliciting competitively if the price is considered to be reasonable.
- To ensure fairness in procurement, when using a micro purchase threshold, it is encouraged to use all competitive vendors that are available and willing to provide the goods and services at a reasonable price
- $10k - $50k
- Obtain a reasonable number of quotes, preferably three.
- Quotes may be obtained orally, by fax, in writing, e-mail or E-Procurement
- over $50k
- Publicly solicits bids and awards a firm fixed price contract.
- Two or more responsible bidders available.
- Must be advertised.
- Awarded based on best value to EHA.
- Public advertising
- Written solicitation with clear specifications
- Solicitation of an adequate number of vendors or potential contractors
- Public bid opening
- Awarded to the supplier offering the lowest price and has been determined to be responsive and Requirements:
Competitive Negotiations (Request for Proposal, Request for Qualifications, A-E Contracts, Construction Contracts)
- A cost over $150,000
- Selection to be based on other than price alone
- Cost reimbursement type of contract
- Public advertising and direct solicitation
- Ensure an adequate number of qualified sources
- Evaluation criteria stated in solicitation
- Establish methods for technical evaluation
- Determine which vendors are appropriate for further negotiations
- Select the vendor whose proposal is most advantageous to EHA
Noncompetitive Negotiation or Bid
Limited to single source or if no other bidders or vendors can be identified after solicitation or advertising
Conditions of use:
- The vendor or bidder provides a unique or singular service or supply item
- Emergency condition whereby life or property is in immediate danger - This method may only be used to alleviate the specific emergency. Subsequent actions to correct the situation or condition require that competitive procurement methods be used.
- Unavailable data or information about item or service needed
- HUD authorizes the use of noncompetitive proposal
- The vendor or bidder is the only source for equipment or materials presently used by EHA.
Cooperative Purchasing/Intergovernmental Agreement
- A State and/or local cooperative or intergovernmental agreement
- Agreement may be used to purchase or use common supplies, equipment or services
- Decision to use this form of agreement is based on economy and efficiency