The Waiting List for 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments is currently closed.
HUD's Public Housing Program
If anyone in your family has a disability and requires a specific accommodation with any request or submitting any of the applications, please contact the EHA at 864.855.0629.
The EHA processes new applications every day. Because there are many applicants seeking housing, there is a lengthy waiting list. It is difficult to predict the time between applying and receiving a housing offer – it can sometimes take 1-2 years.
The EHA has no Emergency housing available. The first step is to complete an application at the EHA at our administrative offices at 101 Wallace Drive, Easley, South Carolina. As housing becomes available, the EHA schedules briefing interviews with applicants. Applicants are required to provide verification of their eligibility at the time of the interview.
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Photo identification for everyone 18 years and older.
- Current proof of enrollment for any member 18 years old and older.
- Information regarding total weekly, monthly, or annual income and assets for all members of your household.
- Social Security cards for all members of your household.
- Birth certificates of birth for all members of your household.
- Current landlord’s name and complete mailing address, and phone number.
- Employer’s name and complete mailing address.
- Proof of all income: last three pay stubs if working, current ward letter if you receive SSI or Social Security, proof of unemployment income, proof of TANF/AFDC, proof of VA or other pension or retirement wages, proof of contributions from any other source, including child support.
The housing authority may suspend taking applications at any time. If you do not have all the above information, your application will not be taken. Everyone who is to be on the application and who is 18 years of age or older needs to come to the appointment.
An Equal Housing Opportunity Agency "Building Your Future"